TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I had a similar conversation with Greg recently.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I had a similar conversation with Greg recently.

Posted by kickboxr99 on March 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 1148 times.

In Reply To I had a similar conversation with Greg recently. posted by Evan(CA) on March 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Message Good info.

I'm considering the same type of "build" as the OP; however, not sure I agree with there being "no reason to go smaller than the 700's".

Clearly I could be wrong although for me, perhaps like the OP (without reading thru the post dont know for sure), I'm a fan of stock wheels (I know, I know) but to each their own. I havent taken time to make a post yet although I purchased Ahmed's Z, and he had the SSR Integrals (I will be selling soon); frankly I'm just not a fan of anything rather than stock on the exterior.

That said, I just mounted very good, new tires on OEM wheels, and am considering which route to go in terms of turbo choice. Frankly I too was leaning towards the 530s or 550s knowing that the stock wheels coupled with good, gripping tires would NEVER hold the power of the 700s.

I've ridden in SilverTwin's Sp700 Z, and it was an incredible experience, but again, he has upgraded wheels.

Thus, if I (and perhaps the OP) am sticking with the stock wheels/tires would the 530s to 550s be a more viablie option (keeping in mind that they too would probably be too much for the stock-ish tires)?

PLEASE note I have not upated my profile (I dont think anyway), but just had Tim & Brett install adj control arms, tension rods etc., and Ahmed had already done the coilovers, fwiw.

Thanks, All!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.